Feb 8, 2012

Chapter Quote of the Day

Jack reached out and put his hand on her knee. “I’m sorry, Kira. I can't even imagine how you're feeling.”

Kira looked up, perplexed. “You have nothing to be sorry for, Jack. Your life has been tipped upside down and then shaken about several times in the last couple of days. Geez Jack, you just found out ---Edited To Avoid Spoilers---, and you don’t even know what that is.” The more words that tumbled out of her mouth, the closer her emotions came to the surface, ready to erupt. “You may not be able to imagine how I am feeling, but I didn’t even take into account what you might be feeling. I just pushed and pushed, and now look where we are. All I did was reopen an old wound for you and rub salt into it. I am, like, the worst Jinni there is, and you were stuck with me.” Kira sniffed and rubbed at her nose with the back of her hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment