Feb 5, 2012

Sunday Ponderings


My all time favorite book ever written is Dr Seuss' Oh, The Places You'll Go!. I believe that within its pages almost all life lessons can be learned... but mostly it teaches you to have faith when times get tough.
I instantly thought of this book when I read the following quote...

“Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

I'm afraid that self-publishing is a bit like entering...
'a place where the streets are not marked.
Some windows are lighted. But mostly they're darked.
A place you could sprain both your elbow and chin!
Do you dare to stay out? Do you dare to go in?'
There is no guide to tell you where to go and what to do. You just have to go forward with faith, trusting in your abilities until you see the fingers of dawn lighting your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment