Dec 5, 2011

5 Best Romance Movies... In My Estimation

I wanted to share my 5 most favored romantic movies with you, to show you the flavor of what I like. These movies all influenced my style of writing and my style of romance. If you look closely, all of the relationships start out extremely rocky and they truly have to work for love.

Stardust (Starring Claire Danes, Charlie Cox, Michelle Pfeiffer, Robert De Niro, and many more.) This movie is beyond AMAZING with action, adventure, comedy, and love. I missed it in theaters and ending up finding it through my sister, who couldn't stop raving about it, after she found it in a bargain bin at target. Definitely a top pick!



You've Got Mail (Starring Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks.) This is one of those movies that I own, but I also can't pass by when I am flipping channels. It makes me shout at the tv and cry and smile. I will never get enough of this choice.



Pride and Prejudice (Starring Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle.) There really is no need to defend this movie. It is worth every second of the 5 hours. I think that this is, by far, the best version of P&P out there. I picked this scene (instead of the trailer) because I could just watch this for 5 hours straight :D.



The Princess Bride (Starring Cary Elwes, Mandy Patinkin, Chris Sarandon, André the Giant, Fred Savage, Robin Wright, Billy Crystal, and many more.) This is one of those movies that I have quoted since I was 9 and saw it in the theaters. It is timeless in every way!



North & South (Starring Richard Armitage and Daniela Denby-Ashe.) I had no idea that this movie even existed until about a year and a half ago. It is just shy of 4 hrs long, and opened up my eyes to what a true romantic movie is for me. It is like Pride and Prejudice... with an edge. This is my #1 choice to watch every time.



Although there are many more books that I would put before some of these movies, I don't think that they translated as well to the big screen... Just like, I would not pick many of the books that go along with these movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment