Dec 17, 2011

5 Christmas Stories

It would be near impossible to list all of the great Christmas stories ever created. There are several that I have not mentioned, but I believe that all of these stories belong on a list of top Christmas tales. (I should say that there is an honorable mention for The Night Before Christmas, Elf, and, of course, The Polar Express.)

Jean Shepherd's A Christmas Story
This story is a timeless classic that I can't help but watch at least once a year.


O. Henry's The Gift of the Magi
It is a family tradition for our family to read this story each year on Christmas Eve. This tradition has been handed down from my parents and warms my soul each time I read it to my children.

How The Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr Seuss
I curl up at least twice a season with my little ones to read this classic. It makes me smile and makes me cry.


Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol
This story was originally written as a novella in the '40s and gained instant success. Today it still has the power to move people.


The Bible The Nativity
The reason for the season. Christmas is never complete with out reading from Luke on Christmas morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment